It takes no one to tell us how important phones have become in our life. From connecting people to payments, all our needs can be fulfilled by our phones. The digital payment systems have made our life very easy by rooting out the need for cash.
Millions of people are using the UPI ecosystem in India and the majority of these users are availing UPI service through Paytm, Google Pay or PhonePe to make online payments. With the help of these apps, one can easily transfer money or pay for utilities.
Having such crucial financial information stored on your phone, you cannot afford it falling into wrong hands. In case of a lost or stolen phone, these apps can cost you heavily. However, you can avoid such loss by blocking Paytm, Google Pay and PhonePe in case of lost or stolen phone. Here, in this article, we are providing you the methods to block these apps.
- To block your Paytm account, first you need to access Paytm Payments Bank Help from another phone.
- Call the Helpline number 01204456456.
- Now follow the IVR instructions and choose the option being given to lose the phone.
- Now, you’ll be asked to enter the number from which you were registered on the lost phone.
- From here, choose the option to log out from all devices.
- Visit the Paytm website and select the 24×7 help option.
- Select Report a Fraud and click on any category.
- Now by clicking on Any Issue, click on the Chat with Us option given at the bottom.
- You will need to provide an email, debit card statement of the transaction as proof to be the owner of the account.
- After this Paytm will block your account and you will receive a confirmation message.
Google Pay account:
- Call on 18004190157 and choose the preferred language of communication.
- After listening to the instructions on call choose the option to talk to an expert who can help you block your Google Pay account.
- Besides, Android users can also delete their data from any remote device by entering Google id.
- If you want to block your PhonePe account, you can call on 08068727374 or 02268727374. Here select your preferred language.
- Now, you can report the problem to your PhonePe account.
- Choose the correct option being provided for this. Then enter the registered mobile number.
- After this, there will be an option to report for lost phone or SIM.
- From here, your call will be directed to a representative. You have to provide him the details like phone number, email id, last payment etc. Once, the representative verifies your details, he/she will block your account.