If you are a #wanderlust person or your work is of such nature that requires frequent travelling, then it becomes important for you to get travel insurance. Just as life insurance and health insurance are important, travel insurance is also essential. Under this insurance, if any kind of untoward incident occurs during the journey such as an accident, health problem, luggage theft, flight missing, then the concerned insurance company gives you the proper compensation. Such insurance does not only cover foreign travel but also domestic travel. Let’s understand travel insurance in detail.
Why do you need travel insurance?
In the past few decades inter and intra country travel has grown significantly. In view of this, it becomes necessary to take travel insurance due to following reasons:
- If you face a medical emergency during your travel abroad, then you may be worried about its expenses. In such a situation, if you are insured, the insurance company will provide a cover equal to the sum insured on your treatment. This facility is not only available on foreign travel but also on domestic trips. Moreover, sometimes it happens that the place where you are visiting, does not have better health infrastructure, then it will be the responsibility of your insurance company to provide you timely treatment by transporting you to the nearest city or country.
Read more: Keep These 5 Things In Mind While Purchasing A Health Insurance?
- If anything happens to you during the journey and your cash is lost somewhere, the insured company will ensure its availability to you.
- You will get compensation for any unfortunate incident like flight delay, baggage loss or flight hijack.
- Under Family Travel Insurance, not only you but your entire family will get insurance cover.
- Some countries, such as Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, Australia, Cuba and Dubai in the UAE, place travel insurance conditions before granting visas for their visits. In such a situation, having travel insurance is a mandatory condition for travelling there.
Types of travel insurance:
Before taking a travel insurance cover, you should check eligibility. It depends on what type of insurance you are taking.
- You, your spouse and two dependent children will be covered under family travel insurance. The age of adults can be between 18 to 60 years and the age of children can be from 6 months to 21 years.
- Under Senior Citizen Travel Insurance, the age of a person should be more than 60 years
- People between 16 years and 35 years will get covered under Student Travel Insurance.
- At least 10 people will get covered under group travel insurance.
Read more: How To Save Money On Car Insurance
From where you can get travel insurance?
You can get travel insurance online. However, you should choose insurance on the basis of coverage, exceptions and premium. Some of the popular travel insurance companies are
- Aditya Birla Travel Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
- Bharti AXA Travel Insurance
- HDFC ERGO General Travel Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Travel Insurance
- Oriental Travel Insurance.