Most of the private salaried persons in the country must have an EFP account. Provident Fund not only eliminates the worries about money in the future, but it also provides social security to the family of employee. PF account is considered a good instrument to invest and save. Although you can also withdraw PF money if needed, some rules have been made for this.
EPFO provides several facilities to its subscribers. After the launch of the Universal Account Number ( UAN) and Shram Suvidha portal, most of the services of EPFO have become digitized. Now, its subscribers can easily update or change their bank details sitting at home. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) also allows account holders to update their contact information under the digital service. Account holders must have a Universal Account Number (UAN) to use this service. If you want to update your bank details with your PF account online then follow the steps given here:
- First, login to the official website of EFPO with your credentials.
- Tap on the ‘Manage’ tab given on the top menu.
- Select the option ‘KYC’ from the drop-down menu, then select ‘Bank’ as the document type.
Read more: Concept Comprehension: What Is Defi? How will it Change the Future Monetary Transactions
- Now enter details of the bank account that you want to add.
- After updating the bank details, click on ‘Save’. Now updated details will appear in the KYC pending approval section.
- Submit the essential documents to your employer.
- After the completion of KYC verification, EPFO will send a confirmation message.
Some other options:
- If you want to register a complaint related to EPFO services, then for this you have to go to http://epfigms.gov.in and you can register a complaint by visiting the complaint portal there.
- If you want to check your PF balance, you can check your current balance by giving a missed call to 011-22901406 from the mobile number registered on the UAN portal. Your call will be disconnected automatically and you will receive the current PF balance through message on registered number.
Also read: How Floating Interest Rate Loans Are Different From Fixed Interest Rate Loans? Know Pros And Cons